Brain Experiments You Can attain upon Yourself

Regular readers of my blog and subscribers to my Brainpower Newsletter know that Im a believer in safe self-experimentation. In fact, I regularly suggest trying things out that do not yet have scie...

Regular readers of my blog and subscribers to my Brainpower Newsletter know that Im a zealot in safe self-experimentation. In fact, I regularly recommend grating things out that get not yet have scientific evidence proving their effectiveness. After all, why would science ever look into a further accessory or technique for improving ones health or mind if their was not first some anecdotal evidence?

In the newsletter I had the brainpower contest going for a though (in 2007), to see what tricks had worked for subscribers to add up concentration, create for clearer thinking or then again boost their brainpower. Many suggested foods, herb or additional safe supplements. It doesnt get much safer than using foods and herbs and vitamins that we eat already. I did not even protest to say check considering your doctor before aggravating almonds or fish.

Sometimes beneficial effects of foods and supplements are discovered by crash too. In the record Mind Boosting Secrets, Ray Sahelian interpretation that there are often effects from nutritional supplements that are not emphasized in the studies done on them. For example, he noticed that like he took melatonin (often used as a sleep aid) his dreams became more colorful (Ill be infuriating that one). He along with found that large intake of fish or flax seed oils (both high in omega-3 fatty acids) improves vision. We can every watch for these kinds of rude effects.

The examples above complete not constitute scientific proof, but that isnt important. They are secure to try. fittingly are eating fish or eating almonds and cheese in the morning, as one subscriber suggested. I desire to point out again that the bump of anecdotal evidence is sometimes the unaided excuse a scientific psychoanalysis is over and done with in the first place. Rarely pull off researchers randomly choose a substance and randomly pick an effect, next watch to see if the first produces the second. They compulsion a defense to investigate something.

With that in mind, if you have a recipe or technique or prescription for better brain function, let me know. Dont just throw ideas at me though. stick to things that have worked more than subsequent to for you or someone you know.

Meanwhile, Ill ration my own tiny technique for revving up the brain, developed from experience. Long ago I noted that my brain began to feint augmented as soon as I spent a couple minutes explaining something fascinating to someone, as I just did above. I next noticed that I could carry over that effect into whatever mental operate I needed to get at the time. The technique is that easy then; just chat not quite something interesting for a bit and after that reward to the task at hand.

As far afield as do-it-yourself brain experiments go, it doesnt get much safer than talking to a friend just about something you are enthusiastic very nearly or keen in. allow it a try, and see if your mind feels more awake as a result. And now Im going to use this boost in brainpower I just created to produce a result on a book, which Ill hopefully have out bordering year.


Brain Experiments You Can do upon Yourself
Brain Experiments You Can pull off on Yourself
Brain Experiments You Can reach upon Yourself

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post